Photo Credit: Depositphotos
Copper was lauded for its anti-microbial benefits as far back as ancient times, and the first mention of its medicinal use for sterilizing wounds and drinking water appeared in the Smith Papyrus, an Egyptian medical text written between 2600 and 2200 B.C. Greek, Roman, Aztec and other civilizations used copper for hygienic purposes as well, so it was only a matter of time until this metal found its way into modern skincare and beauty products.
Copper can be found in various forms depending on the purpose of the product. Copper peptides are widely used in age-reversing products due to their ability to stimulate the antioxidant enzyme called superoxide dismutase (SOD). This mineral also wor
Photo Credit: neimanmarcus.com
This year’s Neiman Marcus Beauty Awards winners hail from top skincare, fragrance, cosmetics, and hair care brands, including Sisley, YSL, Estee Lauder, La Mer, Laura Mercier, Clarisonic, Glamglow, Creed, Bottega Veneta, Tom Ford Beauty, Illuminage, and Alterna. BEAUTYINTHEBAG’s top 5 favorites among the winners are noted with an (*).
*Sisley-Paris Suypremÿa Eye ($310): Like the rest of the innovative Suypremya anti-aging line, Surpremya Eye is a luxe problem solver. It targets dark circles, puffiness, lack of firmness, crow’s feet, and wrinkles and you only need a few drops of this silky serum at nighttime.
Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Co
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS