Jana Blankenship grew up spending every summer in the tiny coastal town of Sorrento, Maine, hiking lush forests, swimming in the salty ocean and exploring the nearby islands. Her love for nature and the smells of the seaweed, ocean pine and wild roses first inspired Jana to create natural perfumes and eventually skincare, body care and haircare products. When friends wanted to start selling her products at their store, she knew she needed to start a company, and Captain Blankenship set sail.
Captain Blankenship is a small, women-run company in the Hudson River Valley and grew upon Jana’s mission to create organic beauty products that form a direct link with nature. From toner and face
It all started because of one woman’s quest for lipstick that eschewed potentially harmful chemicals but also performed like the big guys. In 2011, Ilia founder Sasha Plavsic launched her own line of 6 Tinted Lip Conditioners that boasted up to 85% certified organic ingredients as well as fabulous shades.
The Vancouver, Canada native is now expanding the Ilia collection with more lip as well as cheek color options, including a Multi-Purpose Lip to Cheek Stick ($34). Simplifying beauty routines, but with great color is at the heart of these launches.
“Women should feel a complete shift with the use of only a couple products. A lipstick and Illuminator can go a long way in creating
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS