Photo Credit: facebook.com/pg/mcjwbeauty
Shampoo, conditioner and the occasional mask have been the haircare protocol for as long as we can remember, but it might be time to rethink these three basics. With an increased focus on the scalp and the role it plays in healthy hair growth, a pre-shampoo product movement is upon us. From scrubs to protein-rich treatments, what you do before you shampoo may just be the key to strong, shiny strands.
Madam C.J. Walker Beauty Culture Dream Come True Wonderful Pre-Wash Protein Treatment ($32)
This fortifying and strengthening mask may seem similar to the products you’ve been using for deep conditioning after washing your hair, but, alas, it’s not. Packed with protein that penetrates th
Photo Credit: depositphotos.com
What did we do before dry shampoo? We definitely washed our hair a lot more. But these oil-absorbing, odor-eliminating, style-refreshing powders and sprays do more than save us time—they also lend sexy texture to squeaky-clean strands and extra grip that helps certain styles stay in place. But a new era has dawned, as dry shampoos and texturizing products now come in unique formulations that we once never imagined.
R+Co Badlands Dry Shampoo Paste ($28)
Offering oil-absorption plus tousled texture and a touch of hold, this paste is a must-try for any dry shampoo devotee. Great for short or layered styles that require a piece-y look, it leaves hair with a matte finish—and no heavy buil
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE