Photo Credit: depositphotos.com
You know that feeling you get when your skin is taut, rough and thirsty?
Dryness makes skin look older and dull or drab. This can be caused by getting too much sun, climbing high altitudes, swimming in a chlorinated pool, or overdoing it with aggressive or acid-based skin care or peels. The answer, according to many dermatologists and skincare experts, is hyaluronic acid.
Hyaluronic acid is a glycosaminoglycan, which is a polysaccharide (like an oversized sugar).
According to New York City facial plastic surgeon Sam Rizk, “HA is naturally occurring in connective tissue throughout the body and is found in the highest concentrations in the fluids of the eyes and joints. It is also fo
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE