Talk about a catch-22. Unprotected exposure to UV rays during childhood significantly increases a person’s chances of developing skin cancer later in life. But since sunscreen is regulated as an over-the-counter drug by the FDA, it is prohibited from being used in America’s public schools – except for schools in the state of California.
Mother and beauty company executive Holly Thaggard wants to change all that and encourage sun protection for children even during the school day and especially on field trips. As founder and CEO of Supergoop!, a sunscreen company committed to incorporating SPF into our daily skincare regimens, she has launched Project Backpack, a vehicle to influen
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE