You wouldn’t think of eating food past the expiration date, yet many women apply the same makeup for years. It’s unsanitary and bad for your delicate skin. “Cosmetics are made with organic materials so it’s important to clean out your makeup bag and cabinet regularly,” says Cindy Joseph, a former makeup artist and CEO of the cosmetics company BOOM! By Cindy Joseph. “Once the preservatives are past their potency, bacteria can grow creating possible infection – and natural makeup turns rancid even quicker. As a rule of thumb, if it smells funny or looks strange, toss it. Cleanliness plays a big part in your health which contributes to your beauty. Here’s a rundown on the shelf
Hello Kitty is growing up, but still retains her girly sparkle. A glittery Hello Kitty Beauty collection (for lips, eyes, nails and face) launches exlcusively at Sephora this month, kicked off by a 10-day charity auction. In collaboration with eBay Giving Works, Sephora’s Hello Kitty Beauty charity auction will go live on January 17, and will donate 100% of the proceeds to the Starlight Children’s Foundation, a charitable organization that helps seriously ill childrean and their families.
In addition to products from the collection, including a limited edition makeup brush holder ado
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS