Photo Credit: depositphotos.com
Pale skin can be beautiful, but mine wasn’t. Far from the ethereal, creamy complexions of Hollywood A-listers, my facial skin was plagued with redness, acne scars, and speckles of sun damage despite years of pricey spa facials. At 34 years old, I was in that weird limbo where I was still dealing with acne while also noticing the beginning signs of aging like loss of volume and fine lines.
As much as I love a relaxing facial, at the end of the day, no facial can replicate the results of professional, medical-grade laser treatment. When I was offered the opportunity to try the Halo by Sciton laser treatment at Erickson Dermatology in downtown Chicago, I jumped at the chance. Smaller por
Sciton®’s newest Halo™ system is the world’s first and only hybrid factional that features non-ablative and ablative wavelengths at the same time. Why is this important? Because Halo delivers both non-ablative (superficial) and ablative (deeper) wavelengths in a single pass which helps to maximize skin resurfacing results while reducing downtime.
The end result is a faster, more dramatic improvement on the visible signs of aging skin and sun damage with less swelling, redness, and peeling. Your doctor can tune it up or down, depending on how many days you can afford to take for healing.
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE