For the first time in 23 years, the FDA has approved a new treatment for female pattern hair loss – the HairMax Laser Comb Lux9, manufactured by Lexington Intl, LLC, which uses low level laser energy to stimulate dormant and active hair follicles. The company has similar devices for men, but this is the first time one has been approved to treat female Androgenic Alopecia.
The last treatment to receive FDA approval for female hair loss was minoxidil in 1988 – you may know this as Rogaine for Women. The HairMax is now the first home-use medical device cleared to treat the estimated 80 million men and women suffering from hereditary hair loss.
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #StayTheFHome and Try These New K-Beauty Products
- MEET DR. MILLICENT ROVELO – BEVERLY HILLS PLASTIC SURGEON
- SPONSORED: ShopBop – The Spring Event