Photo Credit: facebook.com/marulaoildk
Nature is a bountiful source of beauty-enhancing ingredients, and natural oils are amongst the most beneficial. With plenty of options for all types of skin and hair, they’re already likely part of your daily routine—but beyond widely known oils like coconut, argan and jojoba, here are the newest names you need to know because these oils are on the rise.
Also known as manketti, which is the name of the tree this nut’s oil is extracted from, mongogo oil is indigenous to southern Africa. A staple in the diet of the bushmen of Botswana and Namibia, this oil has long been a traditional remedy for dry skin thanks to its high concentrations of omega-6 fatty acids, linoleic ac
Believe it or not, hair ages too. As years race by there are subtle physiological changes and by the time you hit your forties and fifties you may find you have a completely different head of hair. So what are the rules of youthful hair? Follow our expert guide to stronger, bouncier, and more vibrant hair, whatever your age…
DO – SCRUTINIZE YOUR PRODUCTS
With fewer oil glands producing sebum as we age, particularly after menopause, hair also suffers. It gets drier as the scalp produces about 40 percent less oil. The solution? Scrutinize your hair products and adopt a moisture-rich shampoo and conditioning routine to maintain the luster and shine.
Try: We love the indulgent Leo
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS