Photo Credit: depositphotos.com
From creating perfect beachy waves to capturing just the right color, hair is always a hot topic. But there’s one reality that isn’t always happy-hour banter: Hair thinning happens. Women experience this common problem almost as much as men, but it poses different challenges. Mentally, women often experience a more significant impact on confidence and self-esteem. Symptom-wise, female hair loss tends to present as a widening of the part or diffuse thinning over the entire head as opposed to the receding hairline or bald spots experienced by men.
The causes of female hair loss range from genetics and hormonal shifts (especially after giving birth and in conjunction with menopause) to s
Photo Credit: facebook.com/pg/mcjwbeauty
Shampoo, conditioner and the occasional mask have been the haircare protocol for as long as we can remember, but it might be time to rethink these three basics. With an increased focus on the scalp and the role it plays in healthy hair growth, a pre-shampoo product movement is upon us. From scrubs to protein-rich treatments, what you do before you shampoo may just be the key to strong, shiny strands.
Madam C.J. Walker Beauty Culture Dream Come True Wonderful Pre-Wash Protein Treatment ($32)
This fortifying and strengthening mask may seem similar to the products you’ve been using for deep conditioning after washing your hair, but, alas, it’s not. Packed with protein that penetrates th
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS