The International League of Dermatological Societies (ILDS) and Stiefel, a GSK company stiefel.com are taking the challenging plight of albinos in sub-Saharan Africa very seriously. They announced a global initiative on sun protection for albinos called Hats On For Skin Health. The program’s main goal is to raise funds to provide hats and other sun-protective items for Tanzanians suffering from albinism. Albinism is the genetic inability to produce the pigment melanin in the skin, hair and eyes, resulting in pale skin, light hair, pinkish eyes and impaired vision.
Curiously, Tanzania has tens of thousands of albinos among its population, and unless measures are taken to protect their
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE