Now that fall has arrived and our tans have faded, pesky dark spots, dullness and uneven tone are more prominent. The good news is that you can get your skin back on track, as most hyperpigmentation can be erased, whether its with topical over-the-counter potions, cutting-edge laser treatments or professional-strength chemical peels.
“Dark spots and most types of hyperpigmentation are formed from prolonged sun exposure,” says Manhattan Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Alan Matarasso. Usually dark spots fall into these categories: freckles, smaller scattered spots; solar lentigines, also known as age or liver spots, which form on the chest, hands and face from years of UV damage; post-i
Practicing both medical and cosmetic dermatology, Anne Chapas is the founder and medical director of Union Square Laser Dermatology in New York City. As a dermatological surgeon as well as a dermatologist, she specializes in laser surgery, Mohs micrographic surgery for the treatment of skin cancers and cosmetic procedures.
Her goal is to apply the latest scientific research with a thoughtful human touch – an approach recognized by Elle magazine, which named her a “beauty genius” for her state-of-the-art use of lasers and energy devices.
Dr. Chapas is internationally recognized for her laser and dermatological procedures and is certified by the American Board of Dermatology in a
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS