Photo Credit: www.sephora.com
Edible, hallucinogenic or poisonous, mushrooms are enjoying first class treatment in beauty these days. Marvin Hausman, M.D., the CEO of Total Nutraceutical Solutions, explains that mushrooms are rich in vitamin D and antioxidants. Shiitake mushrooms, in particular, are known for their ability to reduce inflammation and increase elasticity of the skin, which makes them a key ingredient in numerous products for red blotchy skin. They also help exfoliate and provide an excellent source of kojic acid – a natural skin lightener that helps fade sun spots and heal acne. In addition, ‘shrooms provide an excellent resource for anti-aging and hair products.
From shiitake to the treasured truffle
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE