Niacinamide is an effective skincare ingredient that just keeps giving. A component of vitamin B3, it has been shown to increase ceramide and free fatty acid levels in skin, prevent skin from losing water content, stimulate microcirculation in the dermis, fight acne, and lighten skin discolorations. It is a potent cell-communicating ingredient that offers multiple benefits for aging skin.
A form of niacin, known as nicotinic acid (related to niacinamide), was first found in the NIA24 skincare line. Unlike niacinamide and nicotinamide, nicotinic acid stimulates the release of
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE