Photo Credit: Twisted Lily
Maybe it started with designer Jean Paul Gaultier’s fragrance talk at the Brooklyn Museum, but the borough known for hipsters, farm-to-table dining, and cutting edge artists can now add niche fragrance destination to its highlights.
“We’re joining a growing neighborhood of upmarket boutiques, Nolita outposts, and restaurants near downtown Brooklyn, the Barclay Center, and transportation that’s fast becoming a destination for fragrance and niche beauty,” says Eric Weiser, co-owner of Twisted Lily Fragrance Boutique & Apothecary. Last month, Weiser and his partner, Stamatis Birsimijoglou, opened a neighborhood boutique to showcase niche, indie, and local perfumes that are toug
French vineyards are very special places. And who better to appreciate this than Mathilde Thomas, founder of the grape-inspired beauty brand Caudalie. Ms. Thomas, whose family owns the Smith Haut Lafitte vineyard in Bordeaux, has captured the olfactive romance of her family’s vineyard at three special times of day – dawn, noon and dusk.
“I tried to bottle my family’s vineyard,” stated Ms. Thomas at a recent press event held at Caudalie’s Vinothérapie Spa at the landmark Plaza Hotel in New York City.
The first scent, Fleur de Vigne ($38), was actually created in 2002 by master perfumer, Anne Flipo. It evokes the scent of blossoming grape flowers at dawn – a treasured sm
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE