Don’t let your hands make you look older than you really are—with lines, wrinkles, dark spots, thin, fragile skin, and dry, brittle nails. Hands are subject to a lot of daily abuse, and to keep them soft and supple requires daily care and maintenance.
In the first place, stop thinking of your nails as a tool—they are more like protection for your finger tips and made of protein called keratin. Even strong, healthy nails can break or snag easily when you use them to pull out staples or lift heavy packages. Avoid prolonged exposure to anything that can dry out skin, including harsh detergents, hot water, and sun.
To make a manicure last, keep nails at a reasonable length that is ea
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE