“Formaldehyde-free” hair straightening treatments remain popular among many frizzy-haired folk who want the benefits of the “Brazilian Blowout” and other straightening treatments—without the harmful risks associate with formaldehyde. But these treatments aren’t necessarily any safer than their formaldehyde-based counterparts, cautions Nicole E. Rogers, MD, an assistant clinical professor of dermatology at Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans. She spoke during the annual meeting of the American Academy of Dermatology in Denver in March 2014.
Formaldehyde-free is a clever marketing term, not necessarily a chemical one, she says. These treatments often contain ch
Whether or not it’s because of this treacherous, global economic climate or just because we can, it looks like women everywhere are electing to use new home-use beauty treatments and they are saving us a pretty penny!
Beautyinthebag.com’s trend research team has discovered an influx of new treatments designed for you to get salon perfection at home. We’re not necessarily talking about a watered down version of the real thing either. Here are just a few of the fantastic products to choose from and we’re certainly going to be getting our hands on them sharpish:
Luxx Home Facial: Creme de la Mer
Finally, the masters of prestige skincare have extended a hand to us skincare junki
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS