BEAUTY GURU MISHA HUGHES
A paramedical aesthetician – meaning she works with MDs – Misha Hughes is also a product developer. Recently, she brought her valuable insight of current trends in the skincare industry to the development of Xango’s mangosteen-based Glimpse Topical Skin Nutrition and Glimpse Mineral Treatment products. She has worked in the skincare industry for nearly two decades contributing to such brands as SkinCeuticals, Aveda and Physician’s Skin Care. Misha frequently gives presentations on anti-aging skincare solutions and lectures on the efficacy of skincare. Read on as she shares her insights and expertise.
The new FDA ruling simplifies sunscreen for consumers; the two key things to remember are SPF 15+ and BROAD SPECTRUM.
The Food and Drug Administration is trying to sort out the confusion about sunscreens, with new rules that specify which lotions provide the best protection against the sun and ending claims that they are truly waterproof. The F.D.A. said sunscreens must protect equally against two kinds of the sun’s radiation, UVB and UVA, to earn the coveted designation of offering “broad spectrum” protection. UVB rays cause burning; UVA rays cause wrinkling; and both cause skin cancer.
The rules go into effect in 2012 and also ban sunscreen manufacturers from claiming t
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS