Photo Credit: FGI.org
On a sunny day in May, a bevy of beauty industry experts, influencers, bloggers and creative directors assembled in the Grand Ballroom of the New York Hilton to hear an informative Fashion Group International panel of six offer up their unique perspectives on what’s hot now and in the future and why.
Karen Young, President of The Young Group opened the luncheon event by introducing Jessica Matlin, Beauty Director of Harper’s Bazaar and co-founder of the podcast Fat Mascara. “Everything is niche today,” said Jessica. “Brands with a clear point of view that bring something no one else has said before are in demand. They feel authentic and relatable.” She added that if your brand doesn’t hav
Skin brightening is sort of a religion these days. With so many effective ways to restore your glow without using hydroquinone, it’s no wonder that kinder, gentler ways to brighten up a dull, dry, discolored complexion are in demand right now. In addition to the widely accepted staples of kojic acid, licorice extract, retinol, vitamin C, green tea, and other antioxidants, there are some newcomers to the party. Getting glowy skin is all about using sun protection to prevent damage, plus reversing existing damage with consistent daily use of an active skin care regimen that turns over dead cells and reveals healthy new ones.
Some new products to add to your arsenal:
Marini Luminate Face
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS