Not that we had any doubts, but a recent study confirms the honest to goodness aging effects caused by smoking.
In a twin study conducted in Twinsburg, Ohio, researchers verified that smokers show more premature aging, including wrinkles, nasolabial folds, and sagging upper eyelids. The study appears in the November issue of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, the official medical journal of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS).
The study began with the researchers visiting the annual Twin Days Festival in Twinsburg, Ohio. There, they identified 79 pairs of identical twins who had different smoking histories—either one twin smoked and the other didn’t, or one twin smoked
A good nights’ sleep may be all you need to reduce your wrinkles—that is if you are sleeping on a copper-infused pillowcase. According to a study published in the September 2012 issue of the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, facial wrinkles were reduced an average of 10% in test studies where participants slept on a Cupron Cosmetic Pillowcase ($49.95) every night for 4 weeks.
Silky and soft, the Cupron pillowcase is infused with copper ions that reportedly penetrate as we sleep, and help boost the production of collagen, elastin and capillaries in the skin. The effect is a measurable decrease in wrinkle depth around the eyes, mouth and cheeks. Sleeping on the pillow also will deliver
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE