Photo Credit: Pexels.com
Imagine this. You book yourself in for a “Vampire Facial” treatment a la KKW and you end up with HIV? It sounds like a science experiment gone wrong, but this actually happened.
Tragically, two customers of the VIP Spa in Albuquerque, NM, were found to be infected with HIV after having PRP injections. This precipitated the New Mexico Department of Health to offer free HIV and Hepatitis B and C screenings to anyone who was injected there for a specified period before the spa was ultimately shut down after a health inspection found that unsafe practices may have spread blood-borne infections, like HIV.
This may leave you wondering how this could happen in 2019.
Here’s how, according
In light of all the celebs who have expressed buyer’s remorse about having a little work done (you know who you are Heidi, Lisa, Kim, Dana…) the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (www.aafprs.org) has launched a third edition of the well read book about facial plastic surgery – aptly entitled THE FACE BOOK: A Consumers Guide to Facial Plastic Surgery.
Available electronically for purchase by Amazon Kindle users, The Face Book covers everything you want to know and need to know about facial plastic surgery, including facelift methods, eyelid procedures, open vs closed rhinoplasty, endoscopic browlifts, plus the latest facial aesthetic trends and inno
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS