Photo Credit: airsfoundation.org
Hard to believe, but up to 70% of breast cancer survivors who have had a mastectomy are unsure of or unaware of their reconstruction options. Plus way too many women who desire surgery don’t have the insurance or resources to cover it.
Based in Dallas, the AiRS Foundation (Alliance in Reconstructive Surgery) is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping women with the costs of breast reconstruction post mastectomy, and connecting them with doctors who can help. The organization also acts as a resource and a support system for survivors.
According to Dallas plastic surgeon Rod T. Rohrich, MD, FACS, “We are very proud of what AiRS has done in such a short time period in helping hundr
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS