One of the most important things to know about your skincare is whether the product is designed for day or night use, according to speakers at the recent Aesthetic Plastic Surgery/Anti-Aging Medicine: The Next Generation Symposium 2012 held in New York City.
The most active type of skincare products are called cosmeceuticals – a word that is a hybrid of cosmetics and pharmaceutical. Cosmeceuticals generally do not require a prescription, even though many brands are sold exclusively through physicians’ offices and skincare professionals. Yet some leading brands, such as Perricone MD and Murad and others, are available at retail stores and online outlets.
Cosmeceuticals are all a
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE