Photo Credit: beautyinthebag.com
The skin is more than our body’s largest organ. “It also plays an important role as a barrier to UV exposure, physical trauma, and infection, and it also regulates temperature and water loss,” explains Miami dermatologist Christopher O’Connell, MD. Symptoms of a compromised skin barrier include stinging, burning, redness, peeling and inflammation, and if left untreated, can progress to fissures, cracks and worse yet, bleeding and infection.
According to Dr. O’Connell, gentle skincare including a mild cream cleanser and moisturizer, as well as avoiding prolonged water exposure and extreme heat or cold are the best ways to soothe sensitivity associated with a weakened skin barrier
Thirty years of practice has led Idaho-dermatologist Carl Thornfeldt, MD, to a conclusion about skin disease and aging: much of it can be attributed to the breakdown of the skin’s natural barrier function and chronic inflammation. He treats skin disease with prescriptions but for obtaining maximum skin health he focuses on rebuilding the barrier function. Enter, Epionce, the skin care system that Thornfeldt created to repair the barrier and fight inflammation. The comprehensive range is infused with botanicals and can be customized to address a variety of conditions, including acne, eczema, hyperpigmentation, psoriasis, rosacea, and, of course, skin aging. Here, Thornfeldt tells Beauty
Photo Credit: sublativeskin.com
If we asked you what you feared more—wrinkles or spiders—what would you say? Is your attitude laidback or do you have your dermatologist on speed dial for the first sign of a pimple? Most of us want to find the perfect solutions for our skin’s concerns, so if wrinkles, pigmentation, loose skin, stretch marks, or acne keep you up at night then it’s time to stop fearing and start acting. With a combination of topical and in-clinic options, you can solve yohttp://www.epionce.co.uk/products/renew-fortify/intense-defense-serum-anti-aging-repair/
Help! My Skinhibition is… WRINKLES AND FINE LINES
Wrinkles and lines has been voted the number one skin dislike among
LovelySkin.com will be offering 20% most brands* on the site this weekend!
Just use the promo code FLAG20 at checkout!
Happy Memorial Day!
* Offer excludes Avene, Clarisonic, Dermalogica, Eminence, Epionce, Glytone, iS Clinical, Jan Marini, Jane Iredale, Klorane, Palovia, Rene Furterer, SkinMedica, Stila, ZO Skin Health. Offer subject to termination without notice. Good while supplies last. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Sale prices cannot be applied to previous orders. Discount applies to the List Price only. If there is an existing discount, you will receive the larger of the two discounts.
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS