The beauty industry is mourning the loss of Horst Rechelbacher, environmentalist, author, hairstylist, and founder of Aveda and Intelligent Nutrients. He died on February 15, 2014 in Minneapolis at the age of 72, after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2011. His creation of Aveda in 1978, which was inspired by Indian ayurvedic therapies, ushered in a new natural product consciousness in the world of beauty.
Reckelbacher was born in Klagenburt, Austria to an herbalist and shoemaker/designer. His childhood apartment was located across the street from a hair salon and by the age of 14, he became a hairstylist apprentice.
At age 17, he moved to Rome to work in a high-profile salo
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE