Photo Credit: latimes.com
When it comes to awards shows, the names of the fashion designers and jewelers who adorn the leading ladies are no secret, but the professionals and brands behind the beauty—which plays an integral role in the overall impression—are a different story. No red-carpet appearance is possible without an extensive glam squad that covers everything from makeup and hair to nails and faux tanning (and beyond), and we think these artists deserve their fair share of credit. Here, a few of the most buzzed-about beauty looks from the Emmy Awards—and step-by-step directions for recreating them yourself!
By Kevin Winter/Getty Images[/
Colorful gowns took center stage at the 2012 Primetime Emmy Awards, as nominees, presenters and winners walked the red carpet donning vibrant shades of orange, blue and coral. We particularly loved Ginnifer Goodwin’s tangerine Monique Lhuillier number. To complement this rainbow of dresses, makeup and hair was kept subtle yet gorgeous.
Channeling a combination of Audrey Hepburn and Twiggy, presenter Ginnifer Goodwin, who stars in ABC’s Once Upon a Time, balanced her cut out gown with a signature pixie cut and sixties winged eye makeup. “This was a Twiggy-inspired makeup look, so we kept it simple with a classic thick black liner,” said mark celebrity makeup artist Mai Quynh. Mai u
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS