As Hanukkah is celebrated around the world this week, oil has a very special significance. But to a bystander like myself, I have never been sure as to—why?
“The real miracle of Hanukkah is that the Jewish army won the war against the Greeks,” explains Devon Portney, a former Hebrew teacher. “When they returned to the desecrated temple, they wanted to purify it by burning the remaining oil in the candelabra. But there was only enough oil to last for one day, but somehow it lasted for eight, which is why we celebrate for eight days.”
Oil not only has huge religious significance at this time of year—traditional Hanukkah fried food is quite irresistible, latke’s anyone—i
Photo Credit: fanpop.com
Which celebrity hairstyle and color is most in demand by salon goers? It’s Emma Stone’s pre-blonde, red tinged chocolate colored locks, according to Frank Friscioni, Co-Director of Color at Manhattan’s Oscar Blandi Salon.
“Unlike most stylists and colorists, I encourage my clients to bring in clips and photos of celebrities who they admire,” stated Frisconi, who is also a partner in his own salon in Pam Beach called Frank Cassi Beauty.”It’s a great jumping off point for a consultation and I like to use them as a frame of reference.”
Altogether, Frank has noticed a trend involving 11 celebrities whose tresses are most requested.
Emma Stone: now a blonde, fans still c
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS