On a recent holiday, I found myself checking out the fish tanks in Buddha Gallery & Spa, a boutique/spa I like to frequent when I find myself in Sayulita, Mexico. Though this store usually lightens my bag by more than a few pesos thanks to its gorgeously curated selection of jewelry, clothing, and textiles, it was the fish in the tanks that caused me to stop and pause this time. You see, they were chock full of garra rufa fish, beloved for their skillful nibbling on dry, dead skin. I’d been wanting to try this foot treatment since I’d first heard about it, when the first fish spa opened in the U.S. back in 2008.
Garra rufa fish are attracted to any dry, dead or flaky skin, but the
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS