Photo Credit: Myndspa.com
When I was fresh out of Barnard, I was treated to a mani at the famous Red Door Salon by a woman who I considered to be a mentor. It was a huge treat for me and started me off on a lifetime of professional beauty treatments. The iconic Elizabeth Arden Red Door on Fifth Avenue was truly THE beauty institution of it’s time for a lot of very posh women.
Fast forward to 2019 and Red Door Salon & Spa has just undergone a comprehensive modernization. Now known under the moniker Mynd Spa & Salon, the brand has a fresh and uber modern zen-like feeling, a huge departure from the original. The new menu will feature bespoke beauty and wellness services covering massage therapy, body treatmen
Sleek, glossy strands were, once again, a hot style at the recent runway shows, and for good reason: they can make anyone look more polished and sophisticated. But for those born with unruly, curly hair getting pin-straight locks is no easy feat. Here we break down the two most common in-salon straightening treatments, and what you can do at home to get gorgeous, shiny, frizz-free hair.
Japanese Straightening, also known as thermal reconditioning, was introduced in the U.S. a little over 10 years ago, and works by using chemicals (typically sodium hydroxide and thioglycolate) to break down the internal bonds of the hair, changing its texture. A stylist applies the solution to hair, whic
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE