I came across an old photo the other day. My sister and I couldn’t have been more than 5 or 6 at the time and we were standing on the side of our home in our leotards and tutus, practicing first position. I say practicing because she was clearly in first position and I was looking down at her feet trying to copy her but not quite there yet. She is 51 weeks older than me so clearly she had an edge.
Looking at the photo, I noticed the rose bushes behind us. They lined the side of our home and were brilliantly colored in shades of deep red, a mellow yellow, bright tangerine and poppy pink. My dad would spend hours pruning them and every weekend before Sunday brunch my mom would send us our
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS