The behind-the-scenes of fragrance creation is a fascinating world. And, in my opinion, perfumers have one of the most creative and expressive jobs in the process. Not only do they work with lovely odors all day, but also they get to meet well-known designers and celebrities in the process—think Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, and Vera Wang.
Department store counters are chock-a-block full of new and popular scents, but perfumers really soar when they compose so-called niche fragrances. Produced in limited quantities and sold at specialty boutiques, these scents defy the conventional. They use rare ingredients, smell like nothing else, and generally cost more. True uniqueness has its price!
A journey through the maze of perfumes at the bi-annual Elements Showcase in New York City is always inspiring, partly because you always discover top notch perfumeries that are new to the scene. This year, Elements houses the familiar niche houses like Histoires de Parfum and Bond No.9 along with new names like Lili Bermuda and Olfactive Studio.
The Showcase is mostly a venue to introduce new fragrances to industry and the press, and has launched the retail careers of some notable perfume lines.
New and Noteworthy
These are newcomers to Elements but not necessarily new to the perfume scene. All these brands use the finest quality ingredients and stand apart from the crowd in some u
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE