Just because the building front of 601 Madison Avenue gives no hint of the hair mecca within doesn’t mean that entering Manhattan’s Eiji Salon won’t knock your socks off. More treasure trove than hidden gem, the fifth floor salon embodies style, grace, and a serene modernism.
Recently, I had the fortune of receiving a haircut from the master himself, Eiji Yamane. A protégé of dry-cut pioneer, the late and legendary John Sahag, Eiji (pronounced A-Gee) continues to evolve his mentor’s approach with individually conceived cuts performed strand by strand on completely dry hair.
Before turning my locks over to Eiji, colorist Jessie performed his tinting magic. He applied a Clairol
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS