Just because the building front of 601 Madison Avenue gives no hint of the hair mecca within doesn’t mean that entering Manhattan’s Eiji Salon won’t knock your socks off. More treasure trove than hidden gem, the fifth floor salon embodies style, grace, and a serene modernism.
Recently, I had the fortune of receiving a haircut from the master himself, Eiji Yamane. A protégé of dry-cut pioneer, the late and legendary John Sahag, Eiji (pronounced A-Gee) continues to evolve his mentor’s approach with individually conceived cuts performed strand by strand on completely dry hair.
Before turning my locks over to Eiji, colorist Jessie performed his tinting magic. He applied a Clairol
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE