Photo Credit: depositphotos.com
It’s official… winter weather is here so it’s time to prepare your skin to get ready for the coming frigid temperatures and cold winds.
According to Dr. Margo Weishar of Springhouse Dermatology in Philadelphia, PA, “When winter arrives and the heat goes on, the humidity in the air drops and the skin dries out. Wind can also cause the outer layer to flake and shed, and this loss of moisture in the outer layer of the skin causes it to look dull and grey. It’s more important than ever to focus on gently exfoliating away the surface of the skin, adding lots of moisture, and of course, never forgetting the sunscreen!”
Wind in particular increases the effects of cold temperature, lea
Photo Credit: joanrivers.com
Can we talk about Joan Rivers?
Sadly the iconic comedienne passed away at age 81 from complications that occurred during throat surgery. Rivers was placed in a medically induced coma to give her body a chance to heal, but her daughter and co-star Melissa had to make the painful decision to take her mother off of life support this week.
Always full of life, light and laughter (even when the chips were down which they often were for her), Rivers will be mourned and missed by her legions of admirers (myself included). Part of her legacy is and will continue to be her love of all things plastic. Unlike many celebrities who deny that they have ever had any plastic surgery even BOTOX, Rive
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS