Photo Credit: depositphotos.com
If you’ve ever colored, highlighted, straightened, heat-styled or had a day of (unprotected) fun in the sun, odds are your hair is at least a little bit damaged. Throw in towels and pillowcases made of unfriendly fabrics, and you have all the ingredients for dry, brittle, breakage-prone strands.
Fret not, because according to Teresa Probst, Color Director at New York City’s Varin Salon, a major haircut isn’t the only way to eliminate hair damage. “Prevention goes a long way for preserving the health of your hair, even if you subject it to chemical processing or thrice-weekly blowouts,” she says. “The keys are to replenish lost moisture and shield your hair from the environment
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS