Box dye has long been the purview of experimenting teens or a last-ditch effort for women on a shoestring budget. No more! In recent months I have come across box dye testimonials from good-hair icon Courtney Cox (a Clairol Natural Instincts Brass-Free For Brunettes devotee) and beauty scion Evelyn Lauder (the bajillionaire told Harper’s Bazaar that every 10 days she mixes four different boxes of Clairol dye to achieve the perfect shade). Clairol in a box good enough for them? Good enough for me too. I chose Clairol Natural Instincts Vibrant #4 Dark Brown because of its promise of 100% gray coverage. While I have less than 25% gray, against my naturally dark hair those little suckers tend to shoot out white light from across the room.
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS