Long, fluttering eyelashes have long been prized as signs of beauty. Unfortunately, as we age, our lashes become thinner and shorter, a condition often unaddressed, according to a recent survey sponsored by women’s health information resource HealthyWomen and Allergan.
The study, which surveyed HealthyWomen readers between the ages of 35 and 60, revealed that 80% of women consider their eyes to be their best feature, but an astonishing 90% of women who notice thinning lashes do not see a doctor about the condition.
So what gives? Perhaps it’s the belief that nothing can be done. More than 50% of women in the study reported that no lash products have provided satisfaction in making
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS