Photo Credit: depositphotos.com
According to a Beauty in the Bag poll conducted earlier this year, 70% of us aren’t washing our makeup brushes as often as we should—and here’s how often we actually do it…
Once a week: 30%
Every 3 months: 27%
Every 3-6 months: 20%
This is disturbing, considering we’ve all be told that washing our makeup brushes regularly is as important as washing our faces each night going to bed. The purported reasoning behind this cosmetic edict is that dirty makeup brushes are a breeding ground for bacteria, but this isn’t actually the case, according to board-certified dermatologist Lisa Donofrio, MD of New Haven, Connecticut.
“I’ve been a practicing dermatolo
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS