The late, great comedian and writer Nora Ephron absolutely hated her neck. She actually named a book after it – I Feel Bad About My Neck: And Other Thoughts on Being a Woman (2006, Knopf).
It’s why her signature look was a black Chanel turtleneck. “Our faces are lies and our necks are the truth. You have to cut open a redwood tree to see how old it is, but you wouldn’t if it had a neck,” she wrote.
I get it – especially now that I spend so much time on Zoom and Facetime – and am forced to notice my neck on a daily basis. It’s not terrible and I’m not ready for major surgery yet, but there is definitely some room for improvement on and around my neck and décolleté.
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE