Syneron Beauty’s new mē smooth is poised to be the next game changer in the at-home hair removal scene. DIY hair removal systems are nothing new, but until now, they were reserved for lighter skin tones. The mē smooth system is the first and only at-home professional hair removal device that is FDA-cleared and clinically proven to be safe and effective for all skin tones, even Types V and VI on the Fitzpatrick scale.
Why is that so important? Laser hair removal has historically been more risky for darker skin types, meaning that most at-home devices were not safe for skin types V and VI. Washington, DC dermatologist Valerie Callender explains, “Lasers target the melanin within the hai
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS