Photo Credit: beautyinthebag.com
After attending a very informative presentation with a panel of 8 prominent dermatologists and skin researchers from all over the country by the Skin of Color Society at the London New York, I learned a whole lot more about skin of color.
Some of their comments may surprise you too. For example, did you know that psoriasis scales may look purple or brown on darker skin types? Or that melasma is hereditary and more prevalent in Hispanics and other skin of color? Or that laser resurfacing can be performed safely on skin of color if you go to an expert who chooses the right device and the best settings?
Dr. Seemal Desai, Founder & Medical Director, Innovative Dermatology, PA, Plano, T
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS
- MEET DR. MILLICENT ROVELO – BEVERLY HILLS PLASTIC SURGEON