Photo Credit: canva.com
According to the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), hair loss affects more than 80M American men and women (Note: that’s roughly the entire population of Great Britain), and the symptoms can range from increased shedding or a widening part up to bald patches. So, if you’ve started noticing more hairs on your pillow or in the shower drain or worse, here are some ways to prevent further hair loss and promote new growth.
Prevention and Maintenance
There’s a genetic component to both male and female pattern hair loss. Even if the DNA odds aren’t in your favor, there are a variety of simple steps you can take to preserve and optimize the health of your hair. According to Dr. Mig
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS