Your medicine cabinet is likely filled to the brim with lotions and potions, but between serums, moisturizers, prescription-based treatments and various other products, you may be wondering what to apply first (and second, and third). How you layer your skincare can impact the effectiveness of active ingredients (and reduce potential side effects and reactions), which is why the order in which you apply them is so important.
What comes first?
According to Dermatologist Dr. Michael Kaminer of SkinCare Physicians in Boston, Massachusetts, “The general rule is lightest to thickest, so serums first followed by light lotions and creams.” But why? “It has to do with absorption, and light
One of the hottest beauty treatment categories on the scene is the taming of overactive sweat glands. This trend began with A-listers getting Botoxed under their arms to avoid staining their couturier gowns on the Red Carpet. miraDry offers a variation on that theme with an innovative microwave technology that destroys your sweat glands in just two sessions.
So why do we sweat? It isn’t just some evil plan devised to ruin a silk blouse (or stain a wifebeater). When you get hot and sweaty, the moisture evaporates and cools you down. Emotions can affect the sweat glands too, which accounts for why you sweat up a storm when you get nervous, anxious, or flustered. When sweat makes con
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS