Plastic surgery surge perfects Latin American beauty ideals.
While body ideals in North America and Europe remain of the lanky boyish type with breasts–if runway and fashion models are any indication– the ideals in South America are a bit more sensual. “The fashion of an exaggerated tiny waist combined with a big bottom with large, full breasts has become a phenomenon both in Latin fashion and in patient requests of the plastic surgeons here,” said Dr. Lina Tirana, a plastic surgeon in Cali, Colombia.
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS