Photo Credit: instagram.com/vertlybalm
It’s been a long, strange trip but the pot our hippie forbearers fought to smoke has become mainstream—and part of a growing personal-care scene—but not without confusion. For starters, hemp and marijuana are both variations of the cannabis plant. Hemp-based hair- and skincare products are nothing new, as hemp oil has been used to soothe skin for centuries. (For the record, industrial hemp grown for oil contains no psychoactive compounds.)
But skincare with CBD—a non-psychoactive compound found in the cannabis plant—is a relative newcomer, and it’s been touted for its positive effects on acne, irritation, psoriasis and more (without getting you stoned). To make this brave new
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS