Photo Credit: beautyinthebag.com
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and, as a plastic surgeon and a breast cancer survivor, Emily McLaughlin, MD, offers a unique perspective on the way that breast reconstruction surgery has evolved over the years. The Fort Worth, Texas-based surgeon is double board certified in plastic and general surgery and fellowship trained in craniofacial surgery. She took some time to chat with Beauty in the Bag about breast cancer, breast reconstruction and why she loves what she does.
1. How has breast reconstruction changed over the past decade?
“There have been SO many changes in breast reconstruction over the past decade. In the time I have
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS