Photo Credit: beautyinthebag.com
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and, as a plastic surgeon and a breast cancer survivor, Emily McLaughlin, MD, offers a unique perspective on the way that breast reconstruction surgery has evolved over the years. The Fort Worth, Texas-based surgeon is double board certified in plastic and general surgery and fellowship trained in craniofacial surgery. She took some time to chat with Beauty in the Bag about breast cancer, breast reconstruction and why she loves what she does.
1. How has breast reconstruction changed over the past decade?
“There have been SO many changes in breast reconstruction over the past decade. In the time I have
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE