Photo Credit: depositphotos.com
Forget hemlines as a predictor of a sluggish or strong economy, cosmetic surgery may be as reliable of an indicator. And if this theory holds, let the good times roll.
Americans spent more than $15 billion dollars on combined surgical and nonsurgical aesthetic procedures in 2016, accounting for an 11% increase over the past year alone, according to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS).
This is the single largest dollar amount spent on cosmetic surgery since ASAPS began its Cosmetic Surgery National Data Bank Statistics survey in 1997, and a $1.5 billion dollar increase in expenditures from 2015 alone.
“It’s good to see the growth within our bu
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS