The word lavender comes from the Latin root lavare, which means “to wash,” but it’s renowned for its distinctive fragrance, which comes from pressing the essential oil from its violet flower. Since ancient times, it has been used in baths to help purify the body and spirit, as well as a remedy for insomnia and anxiety, depression and fatigue. Research has confirmed that lavender produces a calming, soothing, and sedative effect when its scent is inhaled. Today you can find this wonderful scent in soaps, shampoos, sachets and beauty products, like those listed below. Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter to learn more about lavender and how it can bring you serenity and a good night’s
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS