When most of us think about dermatology, we think skin care products, acne, injectables, and other anti-aging techniques, not necessarily microscopes, skin samples, and pathology, but that is where Clay Cockerell, MD, shines. This specialty is called dermatopathology, and Cockerell, a past president of the American Association of Dermatology, has trained more than 100 dermatopathology fellows in the last 20 years, many of whom are now leaders in this field.
Cockerell, who practices at the University of Texas Southwestern General Dermatology Clinic in Dallas, talked to Beauty in the Bag about this niche and some of the advances that he has helped to pioneer.
1. Tell us a
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS