I have old scars from a car accident when I was a child and they never went away. Is there anything that can be done now to make them less noticeable?
Scars are forever, but that doesn’t mean they have to ruin your life. To find out what treatments can work for you, first you need to figure out what kind of scars you have.
Shallow scars resulting from acne and chicken pox can give skin a wavy appearance. Scars that are pigmented, brownish or reddish in color, may respond to Mederma or Bio Oil, over the counter products you can find at the drugstore. Fillers can be used to plum up pitted or ice pick scars, and resurfacing lasers and light devices are well-suited to shallow scars;
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS